General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR herein) came into force on 25th May 2018 and applies to all EU member states.
Meopham Medical Centre will ensure that data is processed in accordance with Article 5 of the Regulation:
- Processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner in relation to the data subject .
- Collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes.
- Adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which the data is processed.
- Accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date; every reasonable step must be taken to ensure that personal data which is inaccurate, having regard to the purposes for which it is processed, is erased or rectified without delay.
- Kept in a form that permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data is processed.
- Processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data, including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical or organisational measures.